No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Ideas

Permanently delete items

By @henk717
    2018-08-09 16:40:37.229Z

I noticed that in my own instance content deleted is hidden but not actually deleted off the server.
    This would raise issues if a user where to post illegal material as the website owner would still be liable if an investigator found it in the database.

It would be nice if the admin panel had an option to view all deleted topics and mark them for permanent deletion which erases them from the database completely.

• 3 replies
    1. Ok agreed that this'd be good to have. In the forum topic list, there's a topic filter button: All topics, Waiting topics, and All Topics Incl Deleted. Maybe this is the place to list deleted topics? There could be a Deleted Topics Only filter option. And, for a deleted topics, in the [Tools] button at the top of the topic pages, there could be an "Erase permanently" button.

How does this sound?

Adding a topic list in the admin area, seems a little bit more complicated, than ... doing things in the already existing topic list :- ) ?

... At the same time, not all topics appear in the topic list. Private chat topics, for example.
      So maybe something in the admin area, is needed, after all.

1. H@henk717
          2018-08-10 17:13:31.606Z

I was not aware there was a deleted topic filter, it would work as well.
          In either case it would be nice if there also was a direct button in the topic itself after its been deleted.

1. In reply toKajMagnus:
            B@bbaovanc
              2022-04-09 01:03:38.991Z

Is there any news on this? I see that this is two years old, and I think this is a critical feature to have. In my case, I want to completely delete a few of the default categories so I don't have to see them again. I also deleted the default example topics and some of my topics I created for testing. It would be nice to be able to clean it all up.

• Progress
              with doing this idea
            • @KajMagnus marked this topic as Planned 2018-08-10 17:21:42.351Z.