No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Issues

Reviewing

By Christian Scheuer @chrscheuer
    2018-09-09 01:41:46.495Z

We have "Num first posts to review" set to 1, Num first posts to approve to 0 and Num first posts to allow to 0, but we continue to get notified for each and every post by all our members (even if their trust levels have been manually set to Full member as a way to maintain a beta/core member group and a public group).
    Do we need to change anything or is this a bug?

• 9 replies
    1. You mean you're getting notified about the posts? But not that all of them appear on the things-for-staff-to-review page?

That sounds like this setting: [x] Be notified about every new post (unless you mute the topic or category)
      — it's enabled, by default, for admins.

at the bottom of the Preferences page, here: your-server-addr/-/users/your_username/preferences/about

Now I'm thinking that, in those notifications, there should be a brief info text that explains why one gets the notification, and how to disable those kinds of notifications.

1. CChristian Scheuer @chrscheuer
          2018-09-09 03:56:43.316Z

I'm sorry @KajMagnus not we're not getting notified but rather they show up as needed to be reviewed.

2018-09-09 03:57:52.459Z

So there will be a very high number in the red circle and under /-/admin/review/all almost all posts need to be reviewed for all users even after I've reviewed their past posts many times.

1. Ok thanks for explaining. This sounds like a bug that I need to fix. (I moved this topic to the Bugs category)

2018-09-09 04:02:49.453Z

Ok cool. Let me know if I can help with anything.

• Progress
              with handling this problem
            • @KajMagnus marked this topic as Planned 2018-09-09 04:02:33.982Z.
            • @KajMagnus marked this topic as Started 2018-10-15 14:11:58.074Z.
            • I think I found the problem: if a comment get posted, in a topic that's been closed — that comment incorrectly appears in the review queue. I'll deploy a new server later this week, with this fixed.

Long ago, comments in closed topics, didn't bump the topics (but now they do) (bump = move to the top of the topic list, so others see that there was a new comment). At that time, it made sense to show such posts-in-closed-topics in the review queue, in case someone posted something really weird in a closed topic that didn't get bumped, and no one noticed.

1. Now the server has been upgraded. The problem ought to be gone. (If someone edits a post long after it was created, you'll still be notified about that.)

1. @KajMagnus marked this topic as Done 2018-11-09 15:39:52.029Z.