No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Issues

Re-send invitations to the same user

By @melanopsis
    2018-09-12 22:34:27.405Z

Hi @KajMagnus, I had this case that a user discarded his invitation by mistake and asked me to send a new one. I tried to send a new invitation but Talkyard refuses to send another e-mail. I see the progress wheel flashing for a second and then nothing happens. When I check the log I see {"message":"API request result exception [EsE4K2J2]: Status 403: 403 Forbidden\nYou have invited him or her already [_EsE403IAAC0_], site SiteBrief(1,uzwt435xvo,domain.com,Active), ip xxx.xxx.xx.xxx: /-/send-invite","severity":"DEBUG"}

It would be nice to remedy this issue. Allowing to send another invitation to a already invited e-mail would do trick but in addition, ability to expire invitations automatically or manually would also be useful.

Thank you!

• 5 replies
    1. Ok yes these sounds like good things to fix, I'll set this to Planned and move ... to the Bugs category — feels like a bug? that one cannot re-send an invitation, in cases like this. Thanks for reporting

1. Progress
        with handling this problem
      2. @KajMagnus marked this topic as Planned 2018-09-13 13:09:59.391Z.
      3. @KajMagnus marked this topic as Started 2018-10-07 08:25:22.102Z.
      4. Starting with this now ... (and I'll add basic support for bulk inviting people too, at the same time. Maybe initially by just copy-pasting a list of emails into a textarea.)

1. Hi @melanopsis now you should be able to re-send invitations to the same user, ... and to many people at once, too: the formerly one-line input field, is now a many-lines textarea and you can type one address per line (up to 20 at a time, now for a start, and at most 120 per week).

If you send an invitation to someone who has already been invited, the server will tell you s/he has already been invited, and then you can click a "Send invitation again" button (or, alternatively, "Cancel").

(Your server ought to have auto-upgraded itself this Sunday-Monday night.)

1. M@melanopsis marked this topic as Done 2018-11-01 23:55:47.369Z.