No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Support

New draft UI

By Christian Scheuer @chrscheuer
    2020-02-06 17:13:07.857Z

I'm seeing more instances lately of drafts that shouldn't be there. I think the issue is that they were probably always incorrectly saved when actually they shouldn't have (since I had sent that message).
    But now that the drafts are more visual, it becomes much more disturbing in the editor to see drafts and actual messages interleaved.
    Also there doesn't appear to be an easy way to dismiss a draft so it will just linger on in that thread and make it disturbing to follow what's going on in the thread.

Please:

• add a big "X" so it's quick to dismiss a draft
    • consider not showing the complete draft contents but just a few lines, inline - and perhaps also lowering the opactiy of it so that it doesn't disturb normal view of the thread
    • fix the bugs related to cases where there shouldn't be a draft saved in the first place, since that message (or a later version of it) was actually sent.
    • 7 replies
    1. C
      Christian Scheuer @chrscheuer
        2020-02-06 17:19:27.643Z

Example:

1. In reply tochrscheuer:

Ok yes I've noticed this me too, now after making the draft "physically visible". Like you wrote, they were probably incorrectly saved also before, but at the time, wasn't so easy to notice. — All points 1, 2, 3 are good.

The opacity thing — that might be good to fix directly, although maybe not needed later, when only the drafts one actually wants, are there.

I can login as superadmin, and update your site's custom CSS if you want? Or you can add this yourself: ( /-/admin/customize/css-js )

.s_P-Prvw,
          .s_T_YourPrvw {
              opacity: 0.5;
          }
          .s_P-Prvw pre {
              max-height: 40px;
          }

1. CChristian Scheuer @chrscheuer
              2020-02-06 17:42:58.881Z

Awesome! That's a huge improvement just with the design change.
              Thank you so much for the quick reply :)

• Progress
              with handling this problem
            • @KajMagnus marked this topic as Planned 2020-02-06 17:26:42.408Z.
            • "Delete draft" button now added, and restricting draft height. I might not have fixed all cases when drafts get incorrectly saved yet — at least now it's simpler to delete them.

@chrscheuer I will upgrade your server tomorrow or the day after (this Ty. io server already upgraded).

1. @KajMagnus marked this topic as Started 2020-02-10 14:58:12.449Z.
              2. C
                  2020-02-17 09:11:57.338Zreplies toKajMagnus:

Nice. I'm still seeing quite a few drafts left over where I have sent them. Let me know if you need more info on this

1. C
                      2020-02-17 18:28:33.822Zreplies tochrscheuer:

Would it be possible to remove the confirmation warning dialog popup when deleting drafts and instead have a timer with an undo function?
                      So that deleting a draft feels instant, but it actually will stay in a queue for 5-10 seconds where I still can click an Undo button somewhere on the site? This is equivalent to how certain Gmail features work for example.
                      It would make it less annoying to keep clicking to delete drafts.

1. I think it'd be nice if it worked in that way — at the same time, I'm fixing some draft related bugs now, and I think this will be less of a problem, thereafter.

We can wait until after the upcoming version, and see if it's still a problem. (I think there'll still be some unexpected-drafts, then, but not as many.)