No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Support

CSS (presumably) issue w/ embedded comments (probably just my mistake, will update if not)

By Max @XertroV
    2020-06-27 15:00:49.553Z

The just the docs theme for jekyll (popular with docs, as I gather) seems to have a css issue with the comments snippet.

Exact code at the time: https://github.com/XertroV/fi/blob/7e50da3748805610563d864eac041125902824fd/docs/_layouts/default.html#L84

PS. this aside, talkyard is awesome, 👍👍

Aw sweet, I saved the page I screen capped (or a page with the issue at least) and looks like the .zip attachment worked. Hope it helps.

talkyard-example-css-borked.zip (501.46 kB)

Solved in post #4, click to view
    • 3 replies
    1. X
      Max @XertroV
        2020-06-28 04:40:05.339Z

I might have made a mistake - it could be that I broke the CSS before hand and didn't check before adding talkyard. So, I don't think the snippet broke things. Sorry about that!

1. Hi Max, thanks for the followup

(Looks as if there's possibly some position: fixed / absolute issue with the layout, in the screenshot above)

(Feel free to close this issue if it's no longer a problem)

1. XMax @XertroV
              2020-06-29 04:10:28.174Z

I think the issue ended up being that I'd copied some of the _includes/_layout over to add in my repo to add the include talkyard-comments (was using the github pages remote_theme thing) and there was an inconsistency between the last version used as a remote theme and what they had in master. I realised something was wrong once I'd removed the talkyard-comments includes and my text was still all over the shop.

Once I copied over all the layout/includes files formatting was fine again, and adding the comments worked great. Thanks for your reply, and hope I didn't waste any of your time.

ReplySolution