No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Announcements
  3. Releases

Talkyard v0.2021.22

By KajMagnus @KajMagnus2021-07-31 06:22:41.378Z2021-08-04 05:46:23.946Z

(For almost two years we (well, I) haven't posted any release announcements, although there's been many releases during that time. — Now seems like a good time to start announcing new releases again.)

New Talkyard version, new features:
(which took a lot longer than expected, and thus delayed other things, sorry)

• Blog comments Single Sign-On via PASETO token embedded in the blog post HTML or HTTP cookie.

• Many embedded comment <iframe>s on the same embedding page. For example, if you have a Shopify page that shows many products, you can embed Talkyard comments about each product, below each product, in one <iframe> per product — and let your web shop visitors see the top comments about each product, at a glance.

I much suspect that Talkyard is the only commenting system that can do this (for example, Disqus cannot, FB Comments cannot, not in a good way). — Do you know about any other commenting system that can embed many discussions on the same page?

• Sub categories. Talkyard now supports sub categories (but not sub sub categories) — click the Edit Category button, you'll see a Parent Category field. This was fixed a while ago, but since we didn't post any announcement back then, seems good to mention now instead.

Upcoming features in the upcoming versions:

• Talkyard as an idea tracker (like Canny.io, FeatureUpvote, UserFeed etc).
  • User flairs / user badges.
  • Page tags.
  • 4 replies
  1. C
    Christian Scheuer @chrscheuer
      2021-08-06 08:45:20.137Z

Awesome with these notifications! Great job :)

1. Ok :- ) (& if you accidentally hide such an announcement, you can click "Un-hide Announcements" in the bottom of the username dropdown menu, to see it again.)

2. In reply toKajMagnus:
        Michael Lynch @michael
          2021-08-06 18:03:47.820Z

Thanks for the update! I'm excited for user badges.

1. Ok :- ) Me too