1. Home
  2. Support

Admin appears to no longer be able to delete posts

By Christian Scheuer @chrscheuer
    2021-12-05 23:09:39.716Z

Is this an intended change?

Solved in post #8, click to view
    • 8 replies
    1. Not an intended change. I just tried quickly, couldn't reproduce — could you describe in a bit more detail what happens?

Maybe link to the problematic post?
      Is it a page or a reply b.t.w.? If it happens to be located in an access restricted category, could I still have a look at that page? (as superadmin)

(I did indeed add a slightly more strict permission check a week ago. A bug there shouldn't affect admins (since they can do anything), but maybe could affect moderators, hmm)

1. In reply tochrscheuer:

Does this happen with the forum embedded in the macOS Electron app? Or when you visit the forum directly via a web browser?

(There were some changes (restrictions) in what one can do, when Talkyard is embedded in an <iframe> — not sure if this could affect Electron HTMLView widgets)

1. CChristian Scheuer @chrscheuer
            2021-12-09 15:31:20.839Z

This happens on all posts in all threads in Google Chrome on Mac.

2021-12-09 15:31:41.674Z

Example post:

2021-12-09 15:31:52.859Z
                        2021-12-09 15:33:58.333Z

Just went to the same place in a browser and now the Edit button appears on Chris Shaw's post, but the menu dropdown button (the three lines icon) still doesn't appear.
                        It seems like this only works sometimes and only randomly?

1. I just noticed that there's a Soundflow site specific style:

.dropdown {
                              display: none;
                          }

(If you go here: https://forum.soundflow.org/-/admin/customize/css-js and search for ".dropdown {" you'll find it)

it hides the More menu (the three lines / hamburger icon) with the delete button, and other dropdowns, e.g. the down triangle with the Disagree vote. — If I remove it, the More menu & the delete button appear.

I suppose this style was added somewhat recently. I suppose it can be made more specific — I wonder what is it intended for?
                          (Hmm maybe some time later that could become a site setting)

ReplySolution
                              2021-12-10 11:43:24.330Z

Auch! Sorry, totally my fault. Thanks for locating this :)