Better Markdown support: Built-in LaTeX, syntax highlighting, header IDs, etc
It'd be nice with built-in support for all this: (and maybe simpler to fix these things at the same time)
- CommonMark syntax inline help, see: Inline CommonMark formatting help
- Maths (LaTeX via KaTeX), and preferably disable CommonMark's handling of underscore
\, so people won't need to write e.g.
\int\_fromSomething^toSomething. (In CommonMark,
_otherwise makes text italic:;
- Source code syntax highlighting (Prism.js) (see: How to add Syntax Highlighting). And support many languages (not just one).
- Diagrams (Mermaid)
- Auto generate heading IDs (for deep linking into a doc. See: Headers don't have IDs?)
[ ] do something
- All links to external web pages could optionally open in new tabs — make configurable?
~~Strikethrough~~, see: Markdown: strikethrough
- Box-shadows around
<img>? See: Add a border to images
- 0 replies
- Progresswith doing this idea
- @KajMagnus marked this topic as Planned 2022-02-04 13:44:42.938Z.