Closing comments on a blog post
I'm using TY on my blog for comments. I wrote a post that attracted a lot of comments, but at this point, the discussion is kind of just noise with people repeating the same perspectives over and over.
I closed the topic thinking that would prevent new comments, but closing seems to have no effect. I see this message:
If I open the page in an incognito window, I can still post comments to the closed thread.
Is there a way to just close a topic when I'm done processing comments?
- 2 replies
- In reply tomichael⬆:
Not yet implemented — I'll try to fix soon
Here's the plan:
- Closed = discussion ended / question answered / idea implemented. But one can still reply, if one really wants.
- Locked = cannot post more comments. But can edit one's old comments, e.g. fix out-of-date links. Moderators then get notified, so they can see if anyone does anything suspicious.
- Frozen = cannot even edit one's own comments.
Currently only Closed has been implemened. (Sorry for the late reply)
- Progresswith handling this problem
- @KajMagnus marked this topic as Planned 2022-08-10 15:52:01.662Z.